Welcome to Second Grade
- Epic! https://www.getepic.com/
- Epic books is a great online database of thousands of books about any topic you can think of! We use this in the classroom daily.
- Scholastic Parents https://www.scholastic.com/parents/home.html
- Reading Rockets https://www.readingrockets.org/
- This site has great tips and explanations of the reading process and what you can do to help your child at home!
- Fountas and Pinnell https://www.heinemann.com/apps/
- We use the Fountas and Pinnell literacy model in our classroom. This model consists of guided reading groups based on the students’ individualized levels and needs. The link above has recommended apps for parents looking to understand and help aid their child’s literacy development.
- LearnZillon https://learnzillion.com/p/
- Type in the topic you’d like to learn about and watch lessons on the topic. This site has great math lessons you can watch with your child and answer questions together.
- Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Much like LearnZillon above, this site has great videos that describe mathematical concepts and skills.