Information for Parents
Are you between homes?
If your family lives in any of the following situations:
- Doubled-up with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing
- In a motel or hotel
- In a campground, vehicle or other inadequate accommodations
Then your children have rights under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act:
- Free breakfasts and lunch
- Go to school, no matter where you live or how long you have lived there
- Continue in the school they attended before you became homeless if you choose
- Receive transportation to and from school
Contact your child’s school or call:
Deb Wilson, Home Link Coordinator, 603-522-88918 or by email: email@example.com
Frequently asked questions:
- Are school supplies available?
- Will my child be able to go on field trips even if we are unable to pay?
- Are there after-school programs or tutoring available for my child?
- Can my child receive free meals at school?
- Is transportation available so my child can stay in the same school?
- Can someone help refer us to community support programs? Such as housing, clothing, food pantries
If you need further assistance, call Deb Wilson, Home Link Coordinator, 603-522-88918 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org